Dec 15, 2023

Creative Crew December Challenge

On the 15th of the month, The Creative Crew posts a card according to a monthly challenge. This month it was my turn to create the challenge and it is:

Non Traditional Christmas Colors

I thought it would be fun to stretch our creativity a bit and create a Christmas card that features colors that are not traditionally used at Christmas.



Here's my card >>>>


The wreath, "Peace" and ornaments are all glittered with clear Wink of Stella. I think I need an actual camera instead of my phone to get better photos.  Everything is popped up with foam strips.

I chose the background panel thinking that it looked like the night sky.


Kit contents:

2 folded card bases in colors that coordinate with the DP.  The card bases are from an ancient pack called Country Patchwork by Making Memories.


DP is from the pack called Ink Drops - Dusk by Craft Consortium. 


The images are All Together Holiday by Taylored Expressions, stamped with “INTENS-ified Black” by Hero Arts ink. 

Ribbons are all from my Big Box of Ribbons

Adhesive gems from The Paper Studio

White flowers by Prima

Sequins are from Close to My Heart

I used Castle colored pencils for the ornaments, then Wink of Stella to give them all a shine.

The wreath is a die set called Ornate Circle by Pinkfresh Studio. I love it!

Thank you to all of my friends on The Creative Crew for creating with my challenge this month. Please drop by the blogs and galleries of the other Creative Crew members: 

Barb - Barb's Inkin' In Retirement

Carol - Lost in My Craft Room

Jeanette - Cre8tive Play

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry - It's Totally Terry

Tracie - Crafty Creations by Tracie

4 comments:

Barb said...

I love the wreath on your card--perfect to highlight all of the fun images. The background does look like a night sky. Thanks for sending us such a fun kit.

Tracie said...

What a stunning card. Love the vibrant colors. Thanks for a great challenge this month.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card looks great! I like the darker background, it makes all of the images and your gorgeous wreath really stand out! Thank you for hosting this month!!!

Carol W said...

Darlene what a fun kit thank you so much. Your card is wonderful and i love the elements you used from the kit. The dark background really highlights the wonderful images a die cuts you used. Great card.