Apr 12, 2023

Hot Mess=Success for April

Hello friends!  Today is the 12th and it's time for another Hot Mess = Success card.  The challenge is to make any sort of card, as long as it is messy during the creation process.  Doesn't really matter how messy, or if anyone else considers it messy...just as long as you consider it messy.  

Here's my card:















This card features a navy blue panel that has had Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste applied using a Hero Arts Stencil.  The color of the Lunar Paste is "Slippery When Wet" and the stencil is called "Daisy Mosaic".  

The paste was applied using the wood handled blending tool by scrapbook.com with a sponge circle attached. (I don't know the exact name of the tool, but I suspect that all of you know what I'm talking about)

I sponged a solid layer of the Lunar Paste onto a scrap piece and die cut the sentiment using the "Thank You" script and background dies by Picket Fence Studios.  The base of the card stock is white with more of the Lunar Paste sponged around the edge to make the gold border.

I have to say, this was REALLY FUN! I will definitely be getting messy with Lunar Paste again!

Stop by the blogs to admire the Hot Mess cards created by my friends:

Jeanette

Barb

Terry

Carol

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Darlene this is an amazing result - that is a stunning stencil, and I love the gold lunar paste on the blue. Great way to coordinate the card by colouring the die cut and background layering with the same paste.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Darlene, the lunar paste looks so awesome! You just might inspire me to use mine if I keep drooling over this card!

Carol W said...

wow Darlene this is stunning. I love the rich effect it gives. Well done

Barb said...

Awesome Card--I really, really like the background! Such pretty flowers!