Mar 12, 2023

Hot Mess = Success! (March)

Today is posting day for our Hot Mess = Success cards! This is the brain child of our dear Kelly. The idea is to create a card while getting messy. Any sort of mess will do, just as long as it stretches us creatively.

A while ago I purchased several colors of Metallic Gilding Polish by Creative Expressions. I decided to work with the Gold Treasure Gilding Polish and the Flip Flop Chevron Stencil by Simon Hurley.


I decided to use Concord Crush card stock by Stampin' Up. 

One panel the polish was applied with the dauber sponge by Scrapbook.com.  For the other panel I tried  the spatula tool by Nuvo.  You can definitely see the difference in the results.



I liked the results from the dauber better and made this card using that panel.

The panel is mounted onto gold foil card stock, and then layered onto Concord Crush card stock. 

The sentiment is by "Two Lips Stamps", a division of Polkadots,  Die cut and layered onto the gold foil card stock.  Gold gems from my stash finish off the card.


I would like to try again with the Gilding Polish and using the Nuvo spatula. I think perhaps a stencil that doesn't require lifting and flipping over to complete the pattern may give me a better result.  Maybe I'll give it a try for next month's Hot Mess Challenge.

Hop on over to these blogs to admire the Hot Mess Successes created by my friends:

Jeanette

Barb

Terry

Carol

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is so impressive, Darlene! I love the polished look!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oooh, love the results you achieved here Darlene, and the finished card is both classy and hilarious! I agree with that sentiment (only on the odd occasion, you realise...;)
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Holy cow Darlene this card is stunning and very beautiful. Great job.

Barb said...

WOWZA--these are stunning! I love the backgrounds! Awesome Cards!