Jan 22, 2023

January's Double Duty

On the 22nd of each month a group of friends have a challenge called Double Duty. We have a predetermined stamp company assigned to each month. We are to make two different cards, using the same stamp (or stamp set) from the designated company. 

As another way to double up, at least one item has to be used on both cards. It could be card stock, an embellishment, embossing folder, a stencil, etc.

This month we are to use a Gina K Designs stamp set. For my cards I picked the "Petite Geraniums" set. Here are my two cards.


This card has a white panel stamped with the geranium image and colored with Spectrum Noir markers. 

The background was inked using Gina K's blender brushes.

The black panel is die cut with "Through the Woods Window Die" by Hero Arts.

The card is embellished with clear drops by Pinkfresh and the flower centers have Stardust Sickles applied.





The second card was inked first using blender brushes. Then the image and sentiment was stamped onto it with black ink.

The centers of the flowers have Stardust Stickles and clear drops are also used.

White and black card stock is used on both cards and the same sentiment from the stamp set is used on each card.

Lots of doubling up for this month's cards! I hope that you visit the blogs of the other Double Duty members:

Barb

Jeanette

Carol



5 comments:

Barb said...

Darlene--both of your cards are so pretty. I love the colors you picked. This is one of my favorite flowers!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these cards are amazing! I love the stamp set you chose and how both cards are so different from each other, colors, style, etc. Well done!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW these are both great cards.I love them.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Darlene these are two stunning cards - love them both, but I think the blue and orange toned one is my favourite - what a clever use of the stamp and background.
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

Both cards are simply awesome. I love the flower image and your coloring is so gorgeous.