Jan 15, 2023

Creative Crew January Challenge

"The Creative Crew" formerly known as The Dueling Darlings, is back once again this year. Each month on the 15th we will post a card made from a challenge kit sent to the Crew by one of our own.

To start things off right, Jeanette and Barb co-hosted the January challenge. To keep us on our toes, Barb sent the image and Jeanette sent us papers and embellishments. And each of them kept it a secret from each other!  The only thing known to them was that the theme would be SNOW.

Here's my card.

Barb sent us "Snowman and Broom-Large" from Creative Vision. Isn't he just too cute?! 

I colored him with Spectrum Noir, and painted his body using clear Wink of Stella.

Jeanette sent us a great packet of papers, ribbons, sequins and snowflake sequins. 

The little striped tag is from Paper Studio. I wrote "SNOW" on it. 





Here's a close up of the snowman to try to show how sparkly he is from the Wink of Stella.



Thanks to Barb and Jeanette for a fun first challenge!

I'm up for February's challenge and I hope that everyone enjoys what I've come up with.

Hop on over to admire the rest of the cards from The Creative Crew:

Barb - Barb's Inkin' In Retirement

Carol - Lost in My Craft Room

Jeanette - Cre8tive Play

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry - It's Totally Terry

Tracie - Crafty Creations by Tracie


Thanks for stopping by!



 



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... I just saw your card in the gallery, Darlene, but I didn't notice the sparkle until I came to your blog. What a fun touch! You've done such a good job using so many things from the kit.

Carol W said...

Darlene what a great card to start our new group. I love the red behind
The cap as well as the layout of your card.very impressive card.great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Darlene - love your uses of the papers, that is so stunning. The WoS on the snowman is a great touch - it is so hard to photograph though!!
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Darlene--WOWZA! What a great card. The colors are awesome and I so love the layout! I am sure the Wink of Stella just sparkles in real life!

Lorraine said...

Great card and I love the sparkly snowman!