Jan 1, 2013

The Blessings of Friends

Happy first day of the New Year!

It seems that recently there has been an abundance of sad news, nationally and in the personal lives of those we know and love.  A couple of days ago I prescribed ink and paper therapy for me (with music of course!) to regroup and center myself.  What better way than to make some cards for some special friends to let them know how important their friendship is to me!  Here is the result of my time:
There are soft shades of pale pink (gasp!) and Old Olive CS, ivory satin ribbon and pastel green pearls.  All stamps are from SU, although I do not know the name of the sets.  Years ago I did not realize that the stamp sets had names with the stickers for the wood mounts, so they are all long gone.  :(

A Fiskars border punch was used on the lower edge.  Here is a photo with the edges temporarily held down with a post-it tab:
And here is a picture of the inside:
The inside panel is finished with a very pale pink CS from a treasured pack of coordinated colors made by Making Memories.  It really is a wonderful collection of colors, all matching and a few years ago they stopped making it, hence my treasuring and hoarding of it, LOL.
I have no idea why the picture has a green tint around the sentiment, some sort of defective photography on my part!  I made 3 of these and they will be sent out tomorrow to 3 very special friends.  Each is a blessing in my life!

Thank you for stopping by and thank you also for your kind comments here!  May you also count many friends amongst your blessings this year!

Oh, Bijou sends his best as he argues with me for control of the keyboard!

12 comments:

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Darlene...this is beautiful...(just like the lady that created it)..I can hardly believe my eyes though....PINK...lol...It is stunning and paired with the olive...over the top beautiful...well done...May you have a wonderful 2013 and may your troubles be few and your happiness abound with great and wonderful things.....hugs....♥♥♥

Marilyn said...

So pretty Darlene and I love that colour combo! Happy New Year to you and yours, including Bijou!

kiwimeskreations said...

Darlene this is beautiful - love the pink and green colours, and the way you clipped the corners on the panel is inspired.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. somehow I missed signing onto your blog when I joined the group - I have signed up now :-)

Barb said...

Darlene--I love the colors and this card is sure a stunner! Great job on it and love the picture of your little baby...............

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, you card is so soothing and beautiful! I love the color scheme and sweetness of it. And speaking of sweet... love love love the picture of Bijou!

Christine said...

Lovely card. I always love it when cards are as beautiful on the inside as the cover.

Loved seeing Bijou!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Pretty ideas that came to fruition! Your little birdy is so cute on the keyboard!

maryrose said...

Your card is so soft and sweet! And Bijou looks just adorable!Sadly, my little parakeet friend never came back. I'm hoping he found a home, or flew south for the winter!

~Paola~ said...

this card is gorgeoussssss! Lots of love went into it,I can tell! So many details and I am loving the (very different!) color combos too.....and that punched out edge is stunning!!! ♥♥♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- the cool punch on the bottom adds such a nice touch- I love the nice thought of sending cards to friends! Love the pic of your bird : )

Patty Gorka said...

So pretty! I love the border and how you did the inside! Super cute birdie too!

kadie said...

Beautiful card, inside and out! And I love the pic of Bijou too! Hope you're having a good week, Darlene!