Jan 13, 2013

Cards 10-14 for 100 Cards in 100 Days

I'm trying to keep up with an ambitious challenge on Split Coast: make 100 cards in 100 days.  Here's the main point: use only things that you already have in your stash.  The only thing that you can buy are adhesives!
It's a great idea to get some of us hoarders to use up our treasures.  I also want to use this to get a jump on 2013 Christmas card production, so here are 5 cards made today.  That brings my total to 14 so far.  Hmmm, I'll be behind again tomorrow so I guess I'd better get busy!


I've had this St. Nick stamp for at least 5 years.  It's seen ink, but never with a finished card.  It was a stamp that I just couldn't get to look right.

It's stamped with Old Olive ink, then misted with Stardust Finishing Spray by A-Muse Studios.  The flowers were in a kit that were bought years ago.  Each flower has 3 sections plus the center bling.  It took a while to find the right glue to hold them together.











To the right is a closer view of one card.  Below is a true close up of the St. Nick panel to try to show the shimmer from the mist.  Unfortunately, it rarely photographs well.
















The DP's are from two different packs that I bought about 4 years ago and decided that this was the year to use them!  The card base is Very Vanilla, and stamped with an oldie but goodie little square stamp from SU! which was colored with SU markers, direct to rubber.  That took a while so if I make more of these I may re-think that step!

Well, I'd best get busy on some more since I rarely have time to create during the week.  This challenge will keep me hopping, but it will be great to use up my supplies and create variety of cards to have on hand.

Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done on an early start to Christmas!! And I must day the cards are lovely, Darlene.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Ambitious indeed but smashing and productive! Well done! I think it's a fantastic idea to do Christmas cards in January :) Lovely cards, my friend! x0x0

Jacquel said...

I think you're doing a fab job with the challenge Hun! Your cards are very cute...TFS!!!

jimlynn said...

WOW! Darlene, these are beautiful! LOVE THEM!
You're so brave to try the 100 cards in 100 days! Know they'll all be wonderful too.
Lynn

Barb said...

Darlene--your cards are stunning! I love the layout and the glimmer is sweet!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, this card is beautiful! I love the image - can't figure out why you haven't used it before on an actual card. LOL! Okay, I know... because I have a lot of great unused stamps, too. ;)

I love the shimmer the spray adds. I need to use that stuff myself. Thank you for inspiring me!

April said...

Beautiful! In fact, you love the spray so much I just ordered it....lol

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great cards, Darlene! I really like that stamp and the ink color makes it look even better.

kel Acopan said...

great job with these!! i have a ton of those stamps that i just can't figure out how to get it to look right when i try to make a card.