Jan 18, 2013

Another Round for the Mystery Image Swap!

I've been waiting for January 18th for a long time.  Why?  Because on January 18th the friends in the Mystery Image Swap on Split Coast can reveal their latest creation - and I actually had mine done and postal a few weeks ago (shocking, I know!)

Jeanette (aka Forest Ranger on SCS) was our swap hostess this round, and that means that a couple of months ago she chose our images, stamped them all.  We receive the Mystery Image with our swap returns from the previous round.  Jeanette gave us an image of a pizza box, some pizza slices and a sentiment from a company called TooMuchFun Rubber Stamps.  And it was fun!

Here's what I came up with:

It's doesn't show up well in the photo, but the yellow and brown pieces of CS have been embossed with a diamond embossing plate so there is some texture there.  Here's a closer view:

















































And a wee bit of perking up the inside:

The red patterned paper was left over from a kit from last summer, it was a backyard barbecue theme, but I thought that it also looked like a tablecloth one might find in a pizza parlor.  The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and the little heart gem is from my stash (probably from Michael's).

Thanks for a fun image and being such a fun hostess, Jeanette!  I can hardly wait to see what the next round will bring!

14 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Very cute Darlene!! Love the layout and all of the layers!

I thought the red and white paper looked like a tablecloth and was going to use it too, but ended up in a totally different direction ☺

I love it!!

Barb said...

Darlene--what a cutie! I love the layout and the paper is sweet. Great job on the image this round!

Carol W said...

Wow,wow, wow my friend...you are so clever..I love your card, the layout, the colors..your coloring. You did a great job with this challenge...just perfect....♥

Melina said...

Oh my this is cute! I like how you lined up the images :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the fun layout with so many layers and creativity! And your coloring... WOW!!!

jimlynn said...

Fun, fun, FUN and so very cute. Love the red and white gingham on here Darlene! Precious card.
Lynn

~Paola~ said...

WOWZERRRRRR gUrl!! what a plethora of yumminess you created! LOVEEE your card layout,it looks casual-schick and absolutly love what U added on th inside too!(..and to think I had some of THAT leftover too (txs to U!)...ehehe..darn it...I was NOT thinking outta DA box!! GREATTTT job Darlene!!♥

April said...

Love it! Great colors!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Such a fun card, Darlene! I love the colors and his mustard colored jacket! Very pizzariaish...is that a word?! ;)

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the image, and the way you have presented it is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Over the top, FUN! I am in awe of how much color and fabulousity in one card! It gives a nice visual to see them all together, too! x0x0

kel Acopan said...

awesome job!! makes me want to eat some pizza!!

kel Acopan said...

awesome job!! makes me want to eat some pizza!!

marsha said...

Fabulous! I just love the design with the pizza man and the red and white checkered tablecloth.
Hugs,
Marsha