Jan 26, 2013

Candy Hearts Valentines

Here are cards 21-23 for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge!  (Objective is to use what you already own, no new purchases unless you need adhesive refills)

Last weekend was really fun for me.  I crammed a whole lot of ink and paper into the 3 day weekend!  Here are three cards made with a stamp that I've had for years and has never seen ink before.
















I always admire those of you who frame your layers in black, yet have never done it myself until these cards.  I think maybe I got it right? (ha ha)

The hearts were colored with my old friends the SU water based markers.  Then painted over with Crystal Effects to make the colors pop and give the image some gloss and shine.

Now, those of you who know me, know that I usually start off with blank paper and make my own DP, so if you look closely you can see that the pink panel is dry embossed with hearts.  See that red panel?  Well, some time ago I picked up a couple of SU's letter press plates.  Last weekend I gave them a whirl and the red panel is the result.  It was pretty cool (IMHO).

Here's a better look:























Plain red CS, the letter press plate inked with Frost White ink by Color Box and heat embossed with Diamond EP from A Muse Studios.  I was so tickled with the result that I dragged hubby away from his computer to see! (I tend to be like a child when making my cards - "Come and see...!")

Here's what I used for the red panel:





I also made 5 other cards for the challenge last weekend. I'll be getting those ready to post later today or tomorrow.




Thanks for stopping by and thank you also for leaving comments.  It's very generous of you to take the time!

11 comments:

Janet said...

Darlene, that card is SO cute!! Love how you did the dry embossing! Where is that background stamp from?

jimlynn said...

Fantastic cards!!! Love the little candy hearts and the heart shaped rhinestones! GREAT!
LYnn

~Paola~ said...

awww what a sweeeettttttttttttt card full of heart candy...it is soo adorable,colorful and totally FUN! I absolutly love the embossed red background too Darlene! U are rocking it gUrl!!♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

My goodness you used a lot of techniques on these cute cards. I really like the embossing and ssshhh don't tell, but I like those candy hearts too. They HAVE to be the Sweetheart ones though! ;)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh if these aren't the cutest conversation hearts cards ever! I love how you layered with black... you know how I like that look. ;) and your layout is such fun because we get to admire all those hearts.

I also really like the way you photographed the items you used on your card. THANK YOU! That helps us to know what we'd like to use.

Zella said...

What a great card - and have you seen some of the ideas for conversation hearts gifts on Pinterest...this card would be great to go along with a gift theme of conversation hearts.

Linda said...

Love your card and the detailed descriptions of what you did. Really cute stamp.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous set of cards Darlene - and yes, my DH is shown each of my cards, and I can tell when he does or does not like them!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Well goodness gracious, my friend - look at you! You are just a creative little busy bee! These are SUPER FUN! The colors, the patterns, your cards are just as festive and fun and fresh as this beautiful month of LOVE ahead of us! You did a STAND Up job and I <3 of all them!!

Muah! x0x0

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun candy heart DP- how fun! I love the shimmery embossing- that is a great pattern- I think that will fit into the Sweet Stamps monthly challenge when you get it done- swing by!

paige said...

Love all the hearts! And what a great job with the background paper!