Jan 26, 2013

Penny Black Valentines

Next up for the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge: some Penny Black images with a cat and mice:

Aren't they the cutest?  Here's a closer view:

The pink and white panels were cut with a Cricut Cartridge, "Elegant Edges".  The paper is at least 2 years old, from a pack called "All Seasons".  Red and pink Stickles were used on the heart box, cupcakes and to decorate the corners and DP.  The ribbon is from either WalMart or Michael's, and is probably 4 or 5 years old.  Guess I don't really make many Valentine's cards, do I?  (haha)

I think our daughter will like one of these.  Knowing me, I'd better get it ready to mail soon, or time will fly and I'll be late.

This brings my tally to 26 for the challenge.  I fiddled around today but only produced one card.  I like it, but I was just s-l-o-w today.  I'm giving it to my friend tomorrow at church so I'd best take a picture now...

Catch you later!

10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these are sooooooooooo cute!!! I love that image - I've never seen that one before - and your coloring is amazing! Love the way you did the edges, too... and those shimmery hearts. Awesome!

Zella said...

Darlene - I LOVE them!!! I just love Penny Black images!! These made me smile....I even had to show my DH and he said they were cute too! :)

Barb said...

What a bunch of cuties--love that image and your coloring rocks!

:: BlueInks :: said...

These cards turned out so cute! I love all of the details. The colors and that image is so perfect all glittered up!

kiwimeskreations said...

These are so very cute Darlene - love them.
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

What an absolutely darling image and your coloring is fabulous! So cute.

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness.....Darlene crafting with PINK...this from the gal who would throw pink post its away 'cause she didn't like pink....lol...I had to take a double look and make sure it was your blog..,heehee...Great job on these cards. I love the immie and you did an amazing job with it...great coloring, layout and color scheme...♥♥♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling cards! I love the card shape- so pretty. Also love the pink hearts in the corners as a fun accent to the fun image. I really love the challenge to not buy anything new! You are rocking it!

Marilyn said...

Cute, cute, cute! That image is fabulous and I like it a lot. Love the valentine theme too.

paige said...

Adorable Valentines!