Jan 21, 2013

Cards 15 - 20 (100 Cards in 100 Days)

By now most of you know of the Challenge on Split Coast: 100 Cards in 100 Days.  The agreement is to make cards from your treasure trove of goodies, you can not buy anything for these cards except adhesives if you run out.

Most of the participants are making a different card for every day - WOW!  Ummm, not me.  But I'm playing along in spirit since I need to use up some of my papers, embellishments, ribbon and ink up a lot of stamps that need some love!

Here is a set of two Valentine cards that were part of a project back in 2010.  How do I know the year?  Ahem...it was a calendar project intended to be Christmas gifts.  I managed to make about 10 months for 6 calendars, then never got back to it in time to finish them and give them out.  Pathetic, but true!  So I rescued 2 February panels and made Valentine's cards out of them.






I just love this stamp, it was an eBay find years ago.

Here's a closer look, it's chock full of cute details:





At the time I colored with SU watercolor pencils and a blending pen.  The flower hearts are painted over with Crystal Effects to give them some shine and make the colors pop.

These are cards 15 & 16.

******************************************
Here are cards 17-20:

Do you remember Stampin' Up's "In Colors" from 2009-2010?
            Rich Razzleberry     Melon Mambo
            Crushed Curry        Dusty Durango
            Bermuda Bay          Soft Suede
Well, I certainly do!  I loaded up on card stock in those colors when they changed them out.  But now that I have them all in the same place in my craft room, Holy Toledo!  What was I thinking??!!  I could make 300 cards using those colors and barely put a dent in my supply. I'd better get moving on it!

I was in a mood for some cheery and sunny colors and images last weekend, so these were the result:


This lovely stamp is another eBay treasure from years ago when eBay used to be all about the bidding on someone else's things.  It's changed a lot now.

But I digress...the stamp is marked "The Artful Stamper" from London, Canada.  That's it.  No other info.  But I just love it.  It's stamped in Bermuda Bay and clear embossed.  Yes, that is Crushed Curry CS and ribbon, layered onto a base of Bermuda Bay.  Yellow Stickles give a bit of bling to the flowers.  A MS corner punch was used on the main panel as well.

The inside is not finished yet.  I have to decide whether these will become "Thinking of You" cards or Birthday cards.

Thank you for stopping by and a big thanks for your comments!  They are like a little treat at the end of my day when I check my blog.

Off to get inky and create some more Valentine's Day cards.

10 comments:

Jacquel said...

Hi Darlene! You're doing such a great job with this 100 card challenge & they're all so lovely! I can't wait to see more...TFS!!!

April said...

These Re both great designs! I am so happy the you are getting to use your stash during this 100 days!!

Liz Williams said...

I'm going to have to go check this 100 cards in 100 days challenge out. How did I miss that??? Love your pretty Valentine. TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhhh Darlene what great cards - love the way you have embellished and mounted the second card, and I would never have thought to put those colours together - absolutely fabulous my dear! :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

great cards Darlene--you are doing an awesome job with this challenge! Love both of them--and I too so love those in-colors!

kel Acopan said...

great job darlene!! that's so awesome you were able to rescue some of those panels and make some pretty cards!!

marsha said...

Wow, what a beautiful array of cards!
Hugs,
Marsha

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What gorgoues cards, Darlene!!! I love them both, but the butterfly one takes my breath away. Stunning!

MiamiKel said...

Lol .. I'm with you on the uh not me! But you sure did wow us with design and stamping!!! Mah-ve-Lou's!!! Xoxo

~Paola~ said...

wowwww Darlene...U've been such a busy creative bee!Loveee the basket full of hearts stamp...very sweeettt...but I absolutly adore your second card and the colors combo you used....like Maxine, I would have never thought to put them together but definetly will now!!BTW, your stamp is called 'Filigree Butterfly'
and is Stamp #1179-S.It is absolutly gorgeous! Great choice indeed ♥