Feb 15, 2023

What's Your Birthstone?

Today is the 15th and that means it's time to post our Creative Crew Cards!  This month it was my turn to host the challenge and the theme is "What's your Birthstone?"

Here's my card:


I colored the image using Yasutomo watercolors. They have a nice glimmer and sheen to them.


The background purple was created using Purple Paradise Metallic Gilding Polish. 






Here's a close up showing the shimmer of the watercolor paints.  







My birthstone is Amethyst. There's a wide variety of colorations for this gemstone.


Pictured here is an Amethyst ring, a tumbled Amethyst heart and a natural segment of Amethyst.

The small crystal is a Vera Cruz Amethyst which is only faintly lavender in a small portion.

Kit contents:




Hop on over to admire the rest of the cards from The Creative Crew:

Barb - Barb's Inkin' In Retirement

Carol - Lost in My Craft Room

Jeanette - Cre8tive Play

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry - It's Totally Terry

Tracie - Crafty Creations by Tracie




5 comments:

Carol W said...

First off Darlene thank you so much for the fun challenge this month. It was fun to work with your kit. It was a Bit of a challenge for me as it took a bit for me to figure out what I was going to do.

Your card is awesome. I love that you used the prism image. Your coloring is awesome and I love the shimmer. Well done my friend.

Barb said...

Thank you for the awesome card kit full of all kinds of sparkle! I love the papers and your card highlights many of them! Plus, the beautiful gemstone! Sweet Card--great job this month!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so pretty - I love the sparkle! Your stone is beautiful! Thank you so much for a fun theme and fabulous kit! This was such a fun experience!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Darlene - love the shimmer in those paints! I really like that you kept all the patterns on your card geometric, right down to the embossed background
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh, I love that embossing folder! You have a lot of fun things on this card. My birthstone is a sapphire. Looks like you had a great challenge!