Feb 25, 2022

February's Double Duty (A Bit Late)

First, let me apologize to the team for being so tardy!  This is supposed to be posted on the 22nd. Barb, Jeanette & Carol should put me in the naughty corner, LOL.

This fun challenge is the brain-child of Barb. Each month we use a stamp set from a predetermined company and make 2 cards with it. Plus, we are to used at least one element on each card.  Then, we are to post on the 22nd.  This gives us a minimum of 3 sets of doubles.

This month we used Hero Arts and I picked the 2012 background stamp called "Leafy Vines".  Inspired by Carol's brilliant black and white cards over the years I decided to give that a try.




The white paneled card was heat embossed with Ranger's Black Sparkle embossing powder. 







My photography skills come up short to do it justice.  But hopefully this shot at an angle gives you some idea of the sparkle












Here's the black paneled card.  It took 3 attempts to get what I wanted. 

This is heat embossed with Taylored Expressions Fine Detail White embossing powder.








Both sentiments are from sets by Simon Says Stamp. I must admit that cutting them is a challenge for me!  


Thanks for stopping by. Double Duty Team, I promise to be on time next month!  Hop on over to their blogs and admire their Double Duty creations with Hero Arts stamps:

Barb

Jeanette

Carol

5 comments:

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Darlene both of these cards are absolutely STUNNING! Well worth the weight in my book. You did a great job with these.!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - what amazing cards Darlene - these are absolutely, stunningly, beautiful.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these are stunning - with the sparkle of the white one and the classy look of the black. What a great stamp choice to showcase.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely love this duo of cards! Beautiful mirroring done here!

Margaret said...

Lovely cards. I think the black/white is so stunning.