Jan 26, 2022

January Mini Stamp Camp - Day 3

Here we are on the third day of our virtual Mini Stamp Camp!  The very talented Barb is our Camp Counselor today and she provided a great tutorial called "Faux Tile Backsplash".  Here's her blog where you can see her card and the complete tutorial: Barbs Inkin' in Retirement.  

Here's my finished card.

Barb's instructions were to cut 1/4 inch strips of card stock, from 2 different papers. Then cut a panel and place Score Tape on all 4 edges. 

Remove the backing from the Score Tape on ONLY the top edge. Then adhere one color of the strips across the entire top.

Then begin weaving the other strips, tucking them snug against the row above.  When the entire length of the panel is woven, remove the backing from the Score Tape on the remaining 3 edges and adhere the woven panel.

The doorbell rang, startling me and I had to run downstairs to get the door. Eventually when I came back to everything my panel had glued itself in some sections...leaving me with a loose weave toward the bottom. You can see the little white squares peaking through the weave.  Oh well, these things happen!


Then came the fun part.  Barb had us ink up the woven panel with VersaMark and give it a coating of clear embossing powder.  

Let it cool and repeat, which is when it really developed a deep gloss. Hopefully you can tell in this picture.



I used two papers from an old collection by Heartfelt Creations called "Posey Patch". It's beautiful paper and the sentiment is also cut from that collection, and clear embossed. 

The butterfly is from a paper collection by SEI called "Field Notes". I cut it out and clear embossed it as well.

This was really, really fun and I am pleased with how my card turned out. Even though I have some little "oops" I still like it!

Tomorrow is my turn as Camp Counselor and I sure hope that Barb, Kelly and Jeanette have fun with my tutorial.

Camp Counselors, their blogs, and the day each of us are assigned as counselor:

Monday/January 24th  ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay 
Tuesday/January 25th ~ Kelly @ Sandcastlestamper
Wednesday/January 26th ~ Barb  @ Inkingintoretirement
Thursday/January 27th ~ Darlene (me!) @ Accordingtobijou



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit the blogs of my Camp Cohorts!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love your card--so inspiring! I think the patterned paper strips are such a unique touch--and a perfect one! Great sentiment too. I think the oops is not noticeable at all. Great Job my Friend!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, what a beauty! What a great idea to use DP for your woven piece. It looks fabulous and I'mm guessing the weight of the paper was perfect for this technique. Your card is gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Darlene this is beautiful - love the papers you used in the background, and that sentiment is gorgeous. A fabulous card!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine