Feb 15, 2021

Classy Card Ladies - February Duel

 It's the 15th and time to show off our creations for the Classy Card Ladies Monthly Duel! 

I'm a member of the Pearls and Debby is our February host.  For this month's challenge she picked an image from Impression Obsession and received permission from Mitra at IO to share the image for our duel.  (Many thanks Mitra!  Now I think I need to buy this stamp!)

Here's what I came up with:


It isn't obvious from this photo, but the bottom of the image with the 2 potted cacti and surrounding rocks, earth etc. is fussy cut and popped up a bit onto the panel.

The lovely papers are all from the Paper Studio: "Floral Cactus" and Floral Clusters with Leaves".  The papers were so beautiful that I decided to make an easel card to show them off:


The image is colored with Castle Premium Soft Touch pencils. The image was stamped on Paper Studio white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I used the little pink flowers from the Paper Studio to hold the easel card's front panel.  Enamel dots are from Eyelet Outlet and I really like them because they're flatter than most and that makes this card easier to mail!

Here's a bit of a side view to show more of a dimensional aspect of the card:


You can get a peek at the popped up portion of the main image.

Aren't those papers gorgeous?  

Debby, you sent us such a fantastic kit that it was easy to create a pretty card!  Be sure to check the blogs and galleries of the other Classy Card Ladies, which are listed with links in my left side bar.


6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so pretty - love that you did an easel card. It certainly showcases the papers beautifully!

Barb said...

Darlene--what a fun card. Love the easel and the dimension with the fussy cutting is sweet. I sure love the bright colors--you rocked the card this month!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Darlene, Your card is BEAUTIFUL. I love the way you popped up the little pots on the panel. GREAT JOB!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous! I love the idea of the easel card to show off the gorgeous DP! Brilliant. I love the fussy cut and popped up lower panel- so lovely!!!

Tracie said...

Beautiful card Darlene. Love how you made it dimensional. Great easel card.

Suzy Sprague said...

Fantastic card! This looks great as an easel card!