Jan 14, 2021

January's Hot Mess!

 On the 12th of the month, a group of friends on Split Coast have formed a "Hot Mess" challenge group.  The only requirement is that your project is messy to create!  No need to check your calendars...I'm a couple of days late.  Below is my card.

The colors are purple and yellow.  This card is for Barb's swap on Split Coast and the challenge is to use only two colors.  

It's a full sized floral background stamp and the large rectangle mask was used from Taylored Expressions Masking Stencils.  Then the Happy Birthday sentiment was stamped.  Purple ribbon and yellow flower finishes it off.  

End result is an easy-to-mail card because it's flat!  The other end result were several stained fingers and fingernails from removing the mask, washing it off, then making the next card!  My cotton wash cloth that I use for stamping is also stained, LOL.


Here's the inside of the card:



I hope that Barb likes these cards.  I sure thought it was a fun swap theme.  It challenged me to only use 2 colors.

Now I'm off to these blogs to admire their Hot Mess Successes:

Kelly

Jeanette

Barb

Terry

Carol

Thanks for stopping by!







4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stained fingers show you have enjoyed making your cards Darlene - at least that is what I tell myself - love the result of your double challenge of only two colours and the 'mess', it's a beauty
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Fun Card Darlene--I cannot wait to see it in real life. I love that stamp!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, this is beautiful!!! Love the two colors you chose to use!

Carol W said...

Great card Darlene. So clever and awesome that you are able to use it for the swap as well. (as long as you are getting messy why not do all the cards at once...lol). You did a wonderful job with this and it looks very classy.