Aug 31, 2012

Gift Sets of Cards

Hello!  I've been busy lately making sets of cards to give as gifts this holiday season. My goal is to make 10 sets of an assortment of cards and gift them to special people in my life.  So far I've made 4 sets. Hopefully I can get another 4 sets done before I go back to work on Tuesday.

Here are two of the cards I've made.  The first one shows that I was in an Autumn frame of mind:

The images, inks and matching papers are all from A Muse Studios:
Stamp Set: Beautiful Botanicals
Paper and inks: from their Fall Palette; Squash, Currant and Nutmeg
Cardstock: Wasau's Stardust (it has little flecks of color throughout) and the olive green is DCWV from my stash.
Ribbon: from my stash - it just happened to match the Squash color perfectly!

The second card contains one of my favorite color combinations: pale yellow, blues and brown. I decided to make a Criss Cross Pocket card and used some retired SU DP that I've been hoarding for a while:






Stamp: Inkadoo
Ink: SU Tempting Turquoise, heat embossed with clear EP, then colored with SU ink pads and blending pen
Papers: Close to Cocoa for the base, and the inside panel and side panels are SU's Twitterpated DP





The small decorative strip of blue paper across the front was stamped with an old filigree background stamp from Stampin UP and also clear embossed.

The circular bird image was cut out and popped out with dimensional foam dots.

Here are two, tomorrow I'll post two others.

So far I'm leaving the cards blank to give more flexibility in how they can be used.  But I'm still undecided about that.  What do you all think?

Thanks for looking and I wish you all a great day!



9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Darlene, this are wonderful! Love the fall colors on the first one and that design! So pretty.
The second is just outstanding - great fold.
Lynn

Barb said...

Darlene--I love the first set of cards--your friends will be lucky to get them!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great idea, D. Your gifts will be well received. I especially love the first card. Great colors!

Janet said...

LOVE your cards Darlene!! THe colors are SO pretty!! And I love that criss-cross card you made!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a great idea- love the thought of giving gifts you made- nothing better than gifts from the heart! Your cards are fabulous- love the fall theme on the first one- and the criss cross card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these cards are GORGEOUS! You've sure been busy... I hope you had fun creating and having some time off from work, too!

Jacquel said...

These are two wonderful cards! Love the colors on the second one...very nice work Darlene & TFS!!!

April said...

You have been so crafty! I wish I had some of your energy! Not only is my mojo lacking, but so is the bit in my bit along!

Carol W said...

Holy cowbells...I have been out of circulation for way too long...these are awesome...you have really been crafting....great job...♥♥♥