Jul 22, 2012

Mo Manning Card Swap

My dear friend Paola is hosting a swap on Splitcoast Stampers that features original stamps by Mo Manning.  Imagine my delight when my best bud, Carol, sent me a Mo Manning stamp and sentiment set for my birthday last February!  Once I realized that I had a Mo Manning stamp I promptly joined Paola's swap.

I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos, definitely not my best work.  But I did try a new (for me) type of card style for this...not sure what it's called, but I trolled through the samples in the "Resources" section of SCS and found this type.  I thought it really highlighted the adorable image.


Isn't she just the cutest little girl?  I used the last of my "Mellon Mambo" CS from SU for the base.  The flowered DP is really pretty with bright pink and orange flowers accented with copper.  I just love it.



See the copper dragonfly brad to the side of the scalloped oval?  That holds the flap closed.


The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers, using chalk to accent the background.



Here is where the apology comes in, the picture is out of focus, but the sentiment that comes with the set says "for my special bud".  And that is just who Carol and Sweet P are to me - my Special Buds!

Thank you Carol for such a sweet and thoughtful gift!  And Sweet P, thank you for arranging such a great swap.  Having Mo Manning herself participate in the discussions and games is brilliant!  We are so lucky that you could make it happen.  Thank you!



9 comments:

April said...

Love this card! Great design and spectacular coloring!!

jimlynn said...

It's adorable! Love those colors you used Darlene - and that cute image!
Lynn

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, cute cute cute!! So bright and fun! I just got in from vacation and trying to catch up (and keep my eyes open) and so glad I did'n't miss this beauty - terrific! The swappers will LOVE this, Darlene!! x0x0

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love that image and love the flap card you made- fun, fun!!!

Barb said...

Oh My Darlene--this is awesome! Love the colors and the design!

Carol W said...

wow,wow,wow...you nailed this one girlfriend..this card is awesome..and your coloring...mwahhh♥♥♥. This is such a great card...I love how you are spreading your wings and flying with your crafting....you are dong an awesome job my "special Bud"...♥♥♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really cute card. I love the colors and the different layout/fold. Great swap card!

Margaret said...

Very cute image and great coloring. That's a great card fold. Love it. Beautiful papers that you chose for it. Just perfect.

~Paola~ said...

what???? I can't believe I didn;t comment!! :/ (I really thought I did!!)

I am so happy U decided to do such adorable fold...Iam going to case it sometimes soon that's how much I love it! The whole ensamble is wonderful, the sweet image colored to perfection and that awesome designer paper is top notch too!!
I absolutly ADORE this card! Thank YOU Darlene for being a wonderful partecipant to my first exclusive Mo Manning swap!...........
love ya!! ♥