Nov 12, 2011

D. Morgan Stamps

One of my new blogging pals, Paige, is also a D. Morgan stamp fan. I thought that maybe I should share some of the D. Morgan creations I have done with her. I'm trying to encourage her to try coloring them.  I'm CERTAIN that she is up to the challenge and her creation will turn out beautifully.  (Just visit her blog and you'll see why I'm certain - her work is sooo pretty!)

To be sure, the D. Morgan artwork is a bit daunting for me.  Sometimes I have to practice quite a while before I feel comfortable enough to actually make a card for someone!  But artistic talent is not my strong suit, it doesn't come naturally to me.

Paige, this post is for you so that you can see my attempts and know that you can master a D. Morgan stamp!  Go ahead, give it a go!!!  Hugs.








This last is the back of the stamp (wood mount).  I tried coloring 7 images of this one for Lauren's swap on SCS.  (get a napkin before visiting her blog - you're gonna drool!)  No luck. Just couldn't get the colors right.  But one day I will!

I have many more D. Morgan stamps in my collection, most have never seen ink since I just know that they are beyond my coloring skills at this time.  But that's ok.  Gives me something to work toward!

Don't be timid - Paige!  We are our own worst critics, aren't we?!
Hugs!

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Darlene, these images - AND CARDS - are beautiful! They'd just make me crazy to have to color them but you've done a wonderful job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- Love your great coloring! I have a picture in my bedroom of one of this artists drawings!!! Yep- I agree- Paige is up for the challenge- come on Paige!!!

Melina said...

Wow! What detailed stamps! I love these creations :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. These cards are amazing!!! I love your coloring...... such details and absolutely gorgeous!!!

Janet said...

WOW! THose stamps are so detailed, and you colored them SO great!!

Em said...

So many nice scenes! Can't believe they are stamps!

paige said...

OMG! Dear friend, you have so many gorgeous stamps! And your cards are delightful! I'm up for your challenge to use my stamps! Hopefully soon you will see something on my blog soon!

April said...

These are just magnificent and I was out blurfing for some much needed inspiration!!