May 31, 2024

Catch Up Day!

A small group of friends and I were discussing our need to catch up on our various card kits, subscriptions and virtual events.  We decided that our goal would be to post a card - or cards - from our unfinished stash on the last day of each month.  So...Here we are!

I see that I have fallen behind on this in 2024 (gasp!)  But, today, I start fresh!  Here's is my card:

This card is the last one for me to complete from the Taylored Expression's Virtual Stamp Joy which was held last March.

It's a top folded white base, with their "Sour Gummy" card stock for the embossed panel. 

The instructions were to use a wood grain background stamp on the panel as the first step. Since I could not find mine, I lightly inked the raised side of a wood grain embossing folder using the Sour Gummy ink pad. I placed the panel onto the inked side of the folder and rubbed my palm across the panel, being careful to keep the panel from moving so that it wouldn't blur.

Then the panel is dry embossed using Taylored Expression's "Baroque Bouquet" embossing folder. You want to position the card stock panel so that the raised image appears on the wood grain side, and slightly offset toward the left side.

The next step is to lightly apply "Silver Lining" Lunar Paste over the raised floral image. I did not have that color of Lunar Paste, So I used Silver Chroma Glaze by Brutus Monroe. This is considerably thinner than Lunar Paste, so I applied it with my index finger in a diagonal direction. Eventually I had to cover the whole panel and not just the floral image due to applicator error LOL.


The sentiment is heat embossed in silver and die cut with the coordinating die set. This is a cool set of sentiments and the matching die.  In one pass you can stamp and cut multiple sentiments at once. I love that!  The set is called "All Together - Happy Occasions" by Taylored Expressions. I highly recommend it!

The Sour Gummy panel is adhered to the white base, centering it top & bottom. A thin strip of Silver Foil card stock is glued to the bottom of the panel and the sentiments are attached with foam strips.

Even though I had to make some adjustments for what I had available, the end result is very near the original design from the class. I like the colors and the techniques so this will get a lot of use by me in the future.

Here are the links for my friends in the Catch Up Club.  Please visit their blogs and admire their work from some past project or class.

Barb's Inkin' to Retirement

It's Totally Terry

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, this is so striking! Gorgeous color! I love the embossed flowers, too.

Barb said...

I think this card is so pretty. I am sure the sparkle in person is so sweet. I love that folder!

Margaret said...

Beautiful background for your lovely card.