Jun 12, 2024

Hot Mess = Success With Lunar Paste!

Hot Mess = Success Day is the 12th!  Every month a group of friends challenge ourselves to get messy. We can do any sort of card or technique, as long as it meets our personal definition of getting messy.

I like to do this monthly challenge because otherwise I would avoid messy mediums and techniques. This stretches me and gradually increases my skills...I think!


Here is my card. Other than the sentiment strip which is colored with an Olo Marker, all of it was done with three colors of Simon Hurley's Lunar Paste.


The colors are:

Slippery When Wet (gold)
Triple Berry (magenta)
Later Gator (green)

The stencil and flower dies are part of the product bundle sent to Let's Stamp Together Subscribers.  It's by Spellbinders Paper Arts and it's called Sweet Stitching.




I applied Later Gator and Triple Berry in a diagonal direction.  Then the Slippery When Wet paste was applied randomly on top of the other colors. 





The panel has great texture and loads of shine!











Next the pastes were applied to the outer edges of the white card stock base.








The flowers are from a die in the Sweet Stitching suite by Spellbinders. They are cut on white card stock and colored with the Lunar Pastes using a paint brush and Iridescent Pops Of Color were used on the centers. Then the whole floral set was cut apart and arranged for the upper corner.

The black panel is popped up with black foam strips.  The flowers and sentiment strip are not popped up because this is going in the mail tomorrow!

The sentiment strip is from the Friendship set of Simple Strips by Taylored Expressions.

I love this stencil and the Lunar Pastes! I can see making cards this weekend.

Be sure to stop by the Hot Mess Team and admire their creations!  Here are their links:


2 comments:

Barb said...

This is such a fun card. I love the gold highlights over all of the card. And, doing the flowers too is genius! I do hope you make more!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your card is so pretty, Darlene! Those fun pastes look fabulous.