May 22, 2024

On the 22nd of each month some friends challenge ourselves to create 2 different cards repeating the same image, sentiment, etc on each card.  We have a predetermined list of the stamp company or specific challenge for each month and then...away we go!

Stamps by Newton's Nook Designs were selected for this month's challenge. I decided to use their "Roses" set which they so generously gifted to all the attendees at our No Foolin' Retreat, held this past Spring.

Here are the two cards that I made.




This card features the rose stamp which has been gold embossed on the background panel and onto the focal panel.


Both panels have been mounted on a gray card stock.  Gold gems were used for embellishments.





For the second card I ink blended the background panel. Then the rose image was stamped in black.

The focal panel was embossed with Brutus Monroe's Raven embossing powder. Then the image was colored with Olo Markers. 

I masked off the image and lightly ink blended some green around the image. Then the image was trimmed and matted with black card stock.

Both cards feature the birthday sentiment included with the stamp set. For this card, it was also heat embossed with Raven EP, then leftover ink from my brushes were used to color the background. 

This card was also finished with gems in black.

Lots of doubles for this month! Same image, same layout, same sentiment and the same type of embellishments.I really like this little stamp set. 

I had a bit of trouble with the black embossed parts smearing when ink blending and using the alcohol markers. I need to consult the expertise of my friends because I know that Raven is their favorite black EP. 


Please visit the blogs of the other Double Duty members:

Barb

Jeanette

Carol 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Darlene these two cards are amazing - love that you have used the wee stamp to such great effect in the background, as well as for the focal image.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these two beauties are sure to bring smiles to the recipients. I love how you were able to make the one stamp look so different on separate cards.

Barb said...

These two are so pretty--I love the rose set that you used. I love the gold embossed one!