Apr 15, 2018

The Darlings and April Showers

Guess what?  It's the 15th and I'm not even late posting this month's duel!  (shocker)
Our Dazzling hostess this month is Tracie and the Diva hostess is Barb, and they chose April Showers as our theme.

Tracie send us "Sophi" by Whipper Snapper and included the cute papers from Photoplay's "Spring in my Garden" and Doodlebug's "Anchors Aweigh"

Here's how I used her adorable kit:

Sophie is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and accented with glitz from a Wink of Stella pen.  I decided that the rainbow and the polka dots also needed some glitter so used the pen on the papers too.

Tracie's seam binding ribbon was so pretty and has a nice sheen to it too.  The clear gems from Tracie's kit reminded me of big, spring raindrops so that's what I was going for on the card.

Thank you for such a versatile and colorful kit to go with the adorable Sophie!  I'm off to visit the rest of the gang and admire their April Showers.  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun and delightful card Darlene! I had to get that rainbow onto my card as well! We are having April showers, better than snow some are having......

jimlynn said...

Darlene, this is PRECIOUS!!! Love the papers you used and also that cute, cute image. Fabulous card
Lynn

Carol W said...

Cute card Darlene, love how you colored your image and the rain and rainbow in the background. Love the dsp clouds and the layout. Great job on this challenge....

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous 'springy'card Darlene - love it!
Blessings
Maxine

terry serman said...

Love and bright and colorful this card is! Great job with the challenge!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so cute... love the way you colored Sophie and your amazing bow. WOW!

Donna said...

I love you color combination. She so adorable. Great design with that stitched rainbow. So cute!

Barb said...

Darlene--this card is fabulous. I love the bright colors! I am so glad you played along with us for our April Showers!

Margaret said...

Very pretty. Love the bright colors.