Mar 15, 2018

March Dueling Birthday Cards Challenge

Donna is the Hostess for the Dazzlers this round and she really went all-out on her kit! (thank you)  She gifted us with two different options for images and it was impossible for me to choose, so I made a card with each option!


Image is "Wine Diva" by Art Impressions
Floral Designer Paper is from The Paper Studio

The sparkly ribbon has a story: I tried to straighten it, but it really wanted to be in tendrils...so I went for a party streamer type of effect.  What do you think?
The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers, her earrings, shoes & skirt are glammed up with a silver Wink of Stella pen.



Here's the inside, the sentiment Donna gave us was too cute to not include:

Sentiments on front & back were colored with Spectrum Noir marker.





















And for my second card:

Images are from the "Happy Hippos" set by My Favorite Things.
The die cut is "Happy Birthday Circle Frame" also by My Favorite Things. I've colored them up with Spectrum Noir markers.

Balloon Paper is from The Paper Studio and the plaid paper is from Donna's stash.

Twine is from Doodlebug, the button is from my stash.
<GASP>  I actually used a button, haha.

I just love the green sequin stars that Donna included.  I wish that my photography was better, so you could see them!

Donna, you really gave us an excellent kit.  Thank you!

8 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

Grandma paper!!!! I love it. The skirt and earrings look fab, D! The party streamer ribbons turned out like you planned them. Great job.

terry serman said...

Love the glitter skirt and curly ribbon! I'm really liking the HB circle...just might need one here!

Carol W said...

oh my goodness Darlene. I love both of your cards. I love how you used the ribbon on the front of the first card..I love the layout and the way you used the die cut to frame the hippo. I also liked that you didn't mount him on a special piece of paper as he accents the dsp so well. Great job on this kit Darlene. I hope you are riding out all your storms and are safe and warm.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh how fun!!! I tried to straighten that ribbon too. And, it did not work !!! I love your glimmer and glam look- awesome! And, your hippo and tiny bird- so adorable!!! Such a fun fun kit~

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these are two fabulously fun cards! You did a great job with the items you received!

Barb said...

I love your cards Darlene--now you are starting to write like Tami and I am cracking up at that! Both cards are so pretty!

Donna said...

Darlene both of your cards are just adorable! I love what you did with the kit. Really love the ribbon curls on the Wine Diva card! Sorry for the late comment. Have a great weekend!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Darlene - you have really made the most of the curling ribbon - I think it is fabulous with that image :-)
The hippo is super cute too, and looks fabulous on his card
Blessings
Maxine