Jun 17, 2018

Everything is Coming up Roses in June!

I'm a bit late, this post was due on the 15th.  But it isn't because I didn't love the image or the theme!

Shelly and Carol are the Dueling Hostesses for June and they picked Roses as our theme since that is the flower for June.  Here are the contents of Shelly's lovely kit:

Image and sentiment all SU (the rose is from the 2002 collection)
The three small SU sentiments are punched out using the SU tag punch
The DP's - the green and green w/peach roses- The Paper Studio Kirby Teesdale
Yellow and wood BG- The Paper Studio-Country Road
All ribbons and twine- retired SU
Cardstocks-SU
Small butterflies- Martha Stuart punch
Yellow gems- Recollections


...And here is what I made from her kit:

What a surprise that Shelly stamped the image and punched the butterflies out of shimmery white card stock!  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I tried to capture the essence of my Grandmother's roses.  My favorites were the ones that were yellow and pink.  So very pretty, and such wonderful memories of going to her house and coming home with fresh cut roses!

Thank you Shelly for such an an enjoyable theme and a great kit!

8 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your colors and your layout if beautiful!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, this card is so pretty... love the yellow roses and awesome overall design that utilized so much from the kit. Lovely!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Darlene what a beautiful card you have created - the paper behind the rose reminds me of very old wallpaper, reminiscent of your grandmothers? Wonderful to see you here :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Darlene, your card is stunning. I love how you colored the roses. It was worth the wait!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Darlene, This is stunning. You did a wonderful job with your kit....

:: BlueInks :: said...

The yellow. The grandma papers. The fussy cutting. They are all so good!!! You really did well on this, D!

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I've always loved yellow roses even before I moved to Texas.

MiamiKel said...

Sensational, Darlene! How did I miss this beauty! Your card just dazzles - and you included so much of the roses kit to make this card blossom with beauty!