Jan 15, 2018

January Duel: A New Year

Hello out there.  I've certainly been MIA for a while...
It's the 15th and time for the Dueling Darlings on Split Coast Stampers to fire up their creativity and get dueling for 2018.
Laura Jean and I are the hosting this duel, and we thought that we'd take a bit of a different approach this round.
Instead of sending an image, we sent the month of January and asked each team to decorate the panel or cut out the month and incorporate it onto the front of their card.  They were encouraged to mark any of their significant birthdays, anniversaries, etc. on the month.
I encouraged the Dazzlers to go with a silver & black theme as it seems to be popular for New Year decorations.  But they are free to create anything that their Muse inspires!
Here's what I came up with:




I apologize for my unsteady hand.  I fell and injured it back in September and you can see I need to keep at my physical therapy!

No special dates in January for me so I highlighted New Year's Day and MLK Jr. Day.

Laura Jean, it was great working with you to host this round.  We make a great team!

Now I'm off to visit the Blogs of the other Darlings and admire their creations.

Wishing each and every one of you a healthy, peaceful and happy 2018!

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Pretty!!! A great way to take each month and remember those special days that are coming up too! Love all the shine on this.
Lynn

Carol W said...

Well look at this cute card. I love the layout and the sparkle. You did a great job on the kit and you and LJ provided an awesome challenge..will be seeing you soon.....

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so pretty! And what a fun theme! You and LJ really put on your thinking caps and gave us something new and fun to do this month. Loved the theme!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Darlene- this is amazing! I love the beautiful cardstock and 'candy'. The sparkle is awesome as well! I am so sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are not in too much pain!!!
Love the great challenge you two came up with!

MiamiKel said...

Oh how I loved this theme, Darlene! You girls are so creative! Way to think outside the box! The card kits were such fun and I love yours - the red really pops! Just a few more sleeps, my friend and it will be ON! Hugs!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at those sassy and sparkly gems. I wanna pet them!!! LOL. The DP is perfect and placed well. I am sorry that you hurt your back, and hope you continue to heal. Here is to 2018 being a better year! xoxo

Barb said...

This is such a great card--love the theme this month. You and LJ came up with a fun challenge!

terry serman said...

Love the glitter paper and those gems are fab! Well done!

Judy McMullen said...

Wonderful card, Darlene! Love the theme and the use of the January calendar. Such pretty papers and embellishments!!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Love your creation Darlene! I love the Black and White Sparkled paper. See you soon!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Darlene - I missed this post, so I am glad I found it via Barb's blog - what a stunning card - love the silver and black with the pop of red - a great combination!
Wonderful to see you back crafting - enjoy your weekend.
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

O fall the blogs to miss as I was making my rounds, I can't believe I missed yours. You did a great job with your cards. Love the sparkles and the pretty embellishments. Thanks also for the fun kit. Being my first time I probably didn't do it justice but I'll learn as I go. Thanks for being the hostess!

Margaret said...

Great card. I love the theme and the color combo.