Aug 14, 2024

Summertime Grillin' with the Creative Crew

It's August 15th and we've had quite a hot summer this year.  Perfect grilling weather!  

Our hostess this month is Jeanette and she offered us this adorable image by CC Designs called "BBQ".  

The main image is colored with Olo Markers.  The background was created by pouncing the small, flat-topped blending brushes, which creates the mottled look.  To me, this looks more like grass, sand and sky.

The card base is Stampin Up's Old Olive and the main panel is a sunburst pattern from the "Hot Tropics" paper pack by Honey Bee Stamps. 

The gingham and barbecue papers were supplied by Jeanette and it is "Camping Cookout" by Reminisce.

The cute little puffy smilies were left over from a past kit, which I think may have come from Tracie.

Jeanette asked us to share something that we like to grill.  That's tough for me to choose since I LOVE grilling!  I like to grill almost everything - beef, pork, poultry,  fish and other seafood, vegetables, breads and even fruit!  I must admit that salmon and shrimp are right at the top of the list, along with peaches and pineapple.

Thanks Jeanette for giving us such a perfect challenge for August!  Here are the links to the other Creative Crew members blogs and galleries. Be sure to visit and admire their creations.

Barb - Barb's Inkin' In Retirement

Carol - Lost in My Craft Room

Jeanette - Cre8tive Play

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry - It's Totally Terry

Tracie - Crafty Creations by Tracie







3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful image and a fabulous card Darlene - love your colouring of the image and how you have mounted it making the most of your papers
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

This card is so fun. I love all of the detail that you put into your card. The background is fun and the puffy faces are so cute!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what fun! I love the scallops and those emojis, too. Great card, Darlene! Yum! I think grilled salmon is amazing, but I'm not sure we've ever tried grilling shrimp.