Aug 30, 2024

Catch Up Cards with Spellbinders

It's the last day of the month, and time for some Catch Up cards. A few of us  dedicated the last day of the month as our Catch Up day.  We pick any unfinished kit, event, class, etc from the past and complete it, posting our project on the last day of the month. I decided to dive into the most recent Let's Stamp Together kit.  The live class was held back in July, and the featured company was Spellbinders.  

Here are the cards from the class:



These cards are designed by Spellbinders.



The Stencils, stamps and dies are by Spellbinders and are called Jump for Joy.






The first card caught me off guard since it didn't use any of the die cutting homework and the colors were not noted anywhere (unless I missed it).  Good thing there's a pause button on the replay!

The instructions were to use modeling paste and glitter for the flower, Lily pad and swirls on the pond.

I opted for 2 colors of Astro Paste by Simon Hurley: Frostbite and Tropical Tango. I applied with a spatula over the stencil.  After cleaning up the stencil and spatula, a heat gun was used to speed up drying time. 

Blending brushes were used to color the leaves and flowers. The second stencil was used to add the background leaves and cat tails.

I painted on some light blue stickles for the pond water.

The next two cards used the die cuts from our homework.

This card has a blended cloud background created by using one of the dies in the kit and making a mask.


The gold cardstock on the bottom was free hand cut.  Each sunflower, leaves and the frog have light ink blending for some added shade.






The second card used the die to cut the top of both the front and back panels of the card base.  The sentiments were curved to fit the scallops.


There's a stamp in the kit for clouds, but since my mask from the second card already had blue on it I decided to cut it into cloud shapes and use that.


The grassy hill is ink blended, again using a piece cut with the die to create a mask.


I really like the mushrooms, cone flowers and frogs in this kit. I admit, when I saw all of the die cutting and piecing together, I almost quit. For me, that is intimidating. But now I'm glad that I stuck with it. 

Here are the links for my friends in the Catch Up Club.  Please visit their blogs and admire their work from some past project or class.

Barb's Inkin' to Retirement

It's Totally Terry

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, these cards are way too cute! You did a great job with them, even with the way the homework and instructions didn't always match.

kiwimeskreations said...

Toadly adorable cards Darlene - well worth the effort, and I too am glad you 'stuck with it' for such fabulous results
Blessings
Maxine