Aug 15, 2020

10 Year Anniversary of the Dueling Darlings!

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the Dueling Darlings! Our leaders, Jeanette and Kelly have really outdone themselves with games, prizes and other fun things in our thread on Split Coast Stampers.  Thank you for all of your hard work!

Kelly sent us all kits - and for a fun twist randomly assigned everyone to a team.  I am normally on the Dazzlers Team, but this month I get to be an honorary Diva!  Ha ha ha.

Here's my ticket and assignment.  I decided to use some of the kit elements to jazz it up a bit:


And here is my card:

























This card is a bit over the top but hey - it's am important milestone!  I decided to add the party blower and some of the yellow crinkle filling that Kelly used to pack our kits.  Unfortunately, I ended up covering all of the ADORABLE papers she sent to us!  

Be sure to hop on over to all of the blogs or galleries of the other Darlings and admire their work!  Links are in my side bar.  Get hoppin'!

6 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very "sweet" card. I like how you added sparkled to your cake. The panel background is a nice idea, and one in which I thought to do had I made a flat style of card.

Carol W said...

wow Darlene. Great card. Welcome to the Diva's. You did a great job with the kit. I love how you used some of the filling from the bag, and love your use of the sequins. (they are a big challenge to me....)

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Darlene - I love it - over the top maybe, but as you say, it's an important birthday and deserves it!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

terry serman said...

So fun and cute! Love that you used the paper shreds on your card!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, you've certainly created a party-worthy card. Soooo cute and festive!

Margaret said...

It sure looks like a fun 10th birthday party. Love all your added embellishments.