Apr 29, 2017

Sunshine for the Dueling Darlings!

April shot right by me - hard to believe we're looking at May!

Jeanette was the hostess the Dazzlers in April, picking "You Are My Sunshine" as the theme.  It's a great theme for many reasons, not the least of which is the sunshine and friendship these ladies share!

The WONDERFUL kit included:
"Sunny May" image by Some Odd Girl (so cute) and sentiments by Some Odd Girl, AMuse and Printworks.
Gina Marie Stitched Sky (sun die cut) and Hello Sunshine Frame by Simon Says.
Designer Papers by DCWV Kidlet Paper pad.
She also gave us a bounty of embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones, Prima Flowers, Robin's Nest Dew Drops and Rain Drops, SU Ribbon and yellow brads and flip flop brad.



Here's what became of my kit:




































A closer look at the darling image and embellishments.


She's colored with Prisma's and blended with Gamsol.  Sparkle to her flowers and the die cut sun added with Spectrum Noir's glitter pen.





The papers were so nice, so I decided to dress up the inside panels too:


I dry embossed the left panel (Crushed Curry by SU) with an old Fiskars plate, die cut the sentiment and larger heart out of the DP that Jeanette gave us.  I really love this color scheme...thanks Jeanette!

Now that I've finally created this, it's time to send it off to someone I know and love who is ESPECIALLY sunny!

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beaming with sunshine! I love this card and your layout! It is so fun to see all of the different takes, and of course, fun to keep in touch too! Bug Hugs!!!

Margaret said...

Such a cute image and a great card design. I love the sparkly designer paper. Hugs, Maggie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so sunny and beautiful! I love the overall design and how you incorporated so much into the card! Thank you for dazzling us with your talent!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cheerful card Darlene - love your sunny composition!
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

This is absolutely adorable Darlene..great job with your kit.....

Barb said...

This is way cute--I love the layout and the bright colors!