Jun 14, 2016

Dueling Darlings June Match

It's the 15th and time for another Duel.  Laura Jean and I came up with a pet theme several months ago and would like everyone to post something about their first pet...but first - the cards!

Here is a listing of the contents I sent for the Dazzlers:

Here are the deets for your June Duel:Dog & paw print stamps: Inkadinkado - no names for the imagesSentiment: Hero Arts "Be the Person"Papers: Paper Studio, Multicolored Dog Paws, Red Burlap and Masculine Stripe.  Green is from my stash.Ribbons: Dotted and paw print from Ribbon Boutique, Studded dog-collar looking adhesive trim is from Hobby Lobby.Flowers are from Paper Studio's Spare PartsPlastic dog paws are Paper Studio's Spare Parts, "Knick Knacks"Glitter paw prints are Jolee's BoutiqueButtons from Hobby Lobby, sewing section.


...And here is my card:

Hmmm, my little paw print embellishments photographed kind of dark.  But they are a dark brown surrounded by a lighter brown.  


Here's the inside.

My daughter's dog now lives with me, she adores me, LOL.  I think I'd have to walk on water to live up to that dog's view of me.  (but I liked the saying on this stamp)

The image on the front actually looks a lot like Suki (my daughter's dog) - except for the glasses of course.

My first pet was a dog: a miniature toy poodle named Pierre.  He was jet black with a little white bib.  He loved camping with us. Maybe because my Dad would give him pancakes when we camped.  One time we tossed him into the lake to get the syrup off.  He swam right back to us and never even got his ears wet.  We had to wash them in a tub!

I hope everyone had fun with this theme and their kits.  Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

jimlynn said...

LOL! LOVE your card Darlene! That stamp is such fun and love that you have the glasses and bow tie in color. Precious!
Lynn

Carol W said...

This is adorable Darlene. I love how you added color to the glasses and ribbon. The color is so rich looking and the ribbon looks like velvet. You send out a wonderful kit and you did a great job with it...so glad we are duelers and friends.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an elegant dog, and ever so classy with the purple glasses and tie. Love your card Darlene.
Blessings
Maxine

dweatter said...

This was such a great kit. Thanks for sending it. I love, love, love the image. Great idea to color the glasses and bow tie. Terrific card.

Margaret said...

He is just the cutest pup around. Love your take on the challenge.

Tracie said...

So cute Darlene. I love how you colored the glasses. Great idea.

Barb said...

Your card just puts a smile on my face Darlene--I love the purple "bling"! Looks like a very fun kit that you sent to your team! Sweet Layout too!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh that 'lil cute image! The papers are fun and look good. You came up with a great kit!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is such fun - love those glasses and bow tie!

Thank you for the fabulous kit!!!

I'm sure you and Amanda's dog have a strong connection!