May 15, 2016

Dueling Darlings in the Garden

Today is the day for fixing things.  First my sprayer on the kitchen sink - cancel the plumber's visit tomorrow and save over $100!!  Plus I finally got back into my blog to post - or maybe Blogger decided to fix itself...Anyway, I'm on a roll here.

Today is also the day to post our creations for the Dueling Darlings.  Terry was our hostess this month and she sent the prettiest image (thanks for the extras, they will definitely be used!)

Here's what I came up with:


Isn't it a great image?  The papers and colors of embellishments that Terry picked out are perfect together.
Here's the contents of her kit:

  • Image - SU! "Love Is Kindness"
  • DP - The Paper Studio
  • Cardstock - Core'dinations "Sea Foam", "Merry" and "Jet Stream"
  • Enamel Dots - Want 2 Scrap
  • Trim - Michaels
  • Flowers - Spare Parts

Let me tell you about this crochet trim she sent:  it's adhesive backed!!!  I've been a little out of touch with what's new out there for over a year, but this is fantastic.  Now I need to go and find some for my stash!

We are to share what we like to plant in our garden.  Herbs, veggies, flowers of all sorts, trees, shrubs, bulbs, ornamental grasses...if I like it I try to find a way to plant it.  Obviously the weather here and specific requirements of many plants are not compatible.  I don't mind that.  It just means that eventually when I move there will be lots of new things for me to grow!

Well, I'm off to visit the blogs of the other Darlings and admire their cards.  Plus, now I can post my last two cards for the last duels.  Like I said - I'm on a roll. 

12 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Darlene, your card is so beautiful! Love that great image..Tulips are a fav flower for me...And love how perfectly you colored them! Great design, pretty papers and that crochet trim with the flowers make for one great card. So very glad to seeing you dueling, my friend! Would love to see your garden!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous card Darlene and so glad to see you in blogland today! Love this stamp and you've done it up proud. Pretty background paper and love the touch of lace on here.
Lynn

Carol W said...

Welcome back to blogland Darlene, and what a beautiful way to come back. I love the way you colored your image and the papers and embellies you used set it off so well. Great card. I can only imagine your gardens. I know you have a green thumb and great knowledge of planting and horticulture. So glad we are duelers and friends and that you are also back to blogland.....

Margaret said...

This is so pretty. I love the gorgeous colors for the tulips and the great paper to match. I like the lace down the edge. Really sets it off.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, yay for fixing things! And just in time........ because it allowed us to see your beautiful card! I love how you layered the image and the overall design is great! I also love the description of all the things you grow. WOW! A real green thumb!

Barb said...

Darlene--way to fix the sprayer so you do not get a shower every time you use it!!!!!

What a cute card--I love the colors of the tulips and the trim on the side is so cute. I have not seen anything like that lace that is adhesive backed-so I too am out of the loop.

Welcome Back! Missed you!

kiwimeskreations said...

Welcome back Darlene - so good to see you back in blogland :-). Well done on fixing the tap too!!
Love your card - the vibrant colours contrasted with the newsprint are gorgeous. Love the papers and the gorgeous lace, and the wonderful enamel dots are the perfect finish.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda said...

Darlene, beautiful card. Nice save on the plumber, too. Great to see you back.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Such a sweet card Darlene!

Kristie W. said...

It's so good to see you blogging again, Darlene! Very pretty card using the flower image!

kel Acopan said...

love this darlene!! nice to see you online again and congrats for fixing the sprayer yourself!!!

lovies, =o) kel

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this pretty card- the image is just so pretty! I did not get my card made for this month, so did not know the crochet trim was adhesive backed, and have not seen it in stores either. Waving hello- great to see you popping in on your blog. Almost spelled that wrong, one letter change totally changes that note....yep!