Feb 25, 2013

Two Sets of Thank You Cards


Hello! I have two sets of Thank You cards to share with you today.  Both are in the hands of the US Post Office as they travel to my friend Barb who is hosting a swap on Split Coast.

These were made in memory of my Grandmother and her roses.  When I was a young child I spent a lot of time at my Grandparents' home.  She grew all sorts of roses, but my favorites where the peachy-yellow ones.  So what better way to use the old Stampin Up embossing folder "Manhattan Rose" on a cold, wintery day in February?









The project began with some white shimmery card stock called "Sugar" by A Muse Studios.  Pigment ink
"papyay" by A Muse was brayered onto one side of the embossing folder and then the cards stock was embossed.

After the rose panels were embossed, A Muse's "Grapefruit" ink was painted on with a soft brush.  The Sugar CS is very smooth, which provided a slick surface to move the ink around with the brush, making it easy to blend and achieve soft color accents.




The panel was layered onto coordinating "Grapefruit" CS by A Muse and ribbons from American Crafts were matched for accents.

The Thank You tags were die cut,  stamped & clear embossed with the Sugar CS, "Grapefruit" ink and A Muse's Vintage Labels die set.

I was really pleased with how these turned out.  In fact, I think I'll be making some more of these for special birthdays during the year. (although these did clean out 2 rolls of ribbon from my stash, so I may have to replace them or change up the color scheme).  These will count as six more cards in my 100 Cards in 100 Days challenge quest, bringing my total to 47!

The second set saw me turning to a more masculine style, so out came the trusty "Lovely as a Tree" set from Stampin Up.





 The tree was embossed with a two toned green embossing powder that was a purchase at a stamp show years ago.  There is no label on the little jar, so I'm not sure of it's origin.

The thank you was embossed with copper EP by Ranger and the die cut is also from the Vintage Labels set by A Muse.







The base is a very dark brown print (one side only, so inside is cream) from a DCWV pack "Natural" and the dotted embossed layer is from the "Dotted Swiss" pack by Bazzil.

The ribbon is a brown satin from either AC Moore or Michael's.  A fairly clean layout, with a slightly rustic main panel from SU's "Natural" CS.

I like how flat these two sets are, making them easy to mail.



Here's a look at the supplies used for the first set of cards:












The second set of cards brings my tally to 53 cards, half way to the goal.  I must say that I'm having a great time using up some of my supplies, and pulling out some old stand-bys!

Thank you for stopping by and I wish you a great day!

8 comments:

April said...

Beautiful, Darlene!

The masculine card is great, but that embossed card is TDF!

jimlynn said...

Both are wonderful! Love the way you used the embossing folder on the first set and the great masculine look on the second set!
Lynn

KER said...

that rose card is so beautiful!!!...i too grow roses and the peachy yellow roses are my favorite...these remind me of Trust or Valencia...lovely as a tree is "probably" my all time fave stamp set and the CAS look to the cards is wonderful

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene........ Wow!!!! These are both gorgeous designs! WOW!!!

I have that rose embossing folder - it was gifted to me - and I've only used it once because I can never seem to figure out what to do with it. You may have inspired me to try again. ;)

Lovely as a Tree is probably my all-time favorite SU set. Lovely card!!!

Liz Williams said...

Love the roses. A really pretty way to do them.

Barb said...

These are just stunning! And--even better in real life!

:: BlueInks :: said...

These cards both turned out great. I love the subtle colors blended on the first card. The tree turned out like a great centerpiece on the second card. :)

Margaret said...

Love both your cards, but I really love the rose one. So pretty.