May 14, 2012

Dueling Darlings May Post

It's the 15th of the month, and the Dueling Darlings are at it again!  This month's hostess for the Dazzlers is Paola and she sent us some sweet goodies to work with.

4 swatches of pretty DP, two pieces of ribbon, two checkered butterflies, various beads, buttons and a ribbon slider.  And the cutest image from Stampin Up: Serene Spring.

Here's my side-step card.  I really seem to like making this type of card.  It gives me so many ways to incorporate the various pieces in the kit.  The main image is colored with Prismas and Derwent Color Soft pencils.


The butterfly has been painted with Diamond Stickles to give it a little bling.  The flowers and little lady bug have been painted with Crystal Effects to give them some shine.



The shiny beads have been added to the checkered butterfly and the flowers on the DP were also painted with Crystal Effects, adding a bead to the center of one.  The butterfly wings are folded out for dimension.

Paola included that pretty daisy with the pearl center, which I added right beside the sentiment, which I hand cut on the edges.

We were asked to post our favorite thing about the month of May.  I would have to say that May always means starting my container gardens for our deck.  Flowers and herbs mostly.  We also set up the hummingbird feeders, little fountains, some soft lights, and another bird feeder or two.

It really feels like the summer season is starting when the deck is set up.  We love it out there and spend as much time enjoying it as the weather and mosquitos allow!  Summer is short up here, so we all have to make the most of the time we're given.

That's it for me for this month's duel!  Be sure to use the links on my side bar to visit the Divas and the Dazzlers and admire their creations for this round.  Thank you Paola, for giving us such a great kit.  Thanks for visiting!
Darlene

15 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Darlene, this is Bijou-tiful! Your side step card is dazzling! I love this design and you have done this kit such justice. The paper is super! What a joyful card you have created with your spring time beauty!!

Thank you for your joy and beauty you bring to the DDDs ... Love you muchly! Xoxo

Barb said...

Look at you girl--a stunning Stair-step card! I love the colors and the paper is perfect for your spring creation. I think the butterfly is so darn cute too!

Melina said...

Great fold...I love how you cut out the image....those papers were so yummy, right?! I loved this kit. You did a spectacular job with it :)

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Love your stair-step card, Darlene! It is just gorgeous with that lovely d.p., blinged up butterfly, yummy ribbon and flower. You are inspiring me to break out the colored pencils with your beautifully colored and die cut image. Wonderful card!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Spring has sprung at your house! This card you created has Spring all over it.

I love the layout and how the panels all go together. Just a little bit of sunshine in the day!!!

Great job!

Carol W said...

You are rockin' this side step card my sweet friend...you really can make this layout shine..I love all the details you have in your card, and silly me...I had to take a closer look to see your ladybug...since I had the same image and didn't see it on mine...sheesh..mine got lost in the grass...I love all the parts of the kit you used and the way that you used them...you nailed this challenge...way to go!!! Hugs my sweet friend...♥♥♥

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Darlene, I am in awe - a side step card!?!?! And a gorgeous one, too! They certainly look way too hard for me to tackle.

I love the way you colored the image - adding color to the background. That is quite clever!

Beautiful!!!

Enjoy your deck... and the flowers and watching the hummingbirds come to feed. Spring is wonderful!

April said...

What a lovely side step card! A great way to use the kit!

Laura said...

Hi Darlene, you did a awesome job with all the wonderful items. All when perfect with the step card.TFS

Margaret said...

Love your card. The colors are so Springy and I love the step card. Great job.

~Paola~ said...

holeee hannahhhhhhhhhh g/friend!
wowww this is a gorgeous side step card! Love all the elements U added to it to make it full and vibrant(including GLITTER!!!♥)
Such a beautifully conceived design!So glad U are a dueling darling! ♥

paige said...

Fabulous card Darlene! Love the image shape - so fun!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darlene- this is a great card layout- I love the paper and the beautiful image too! What a fun project!

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card Darlene! Love the fold, the papers and how you used the kit!!

Love how you used the sunshine around the butterfly!!

Love it ☺

dweatter said...

Pretty card. Well done on the sidestep layout. I need to try this. Love that you used so much of this wonderful kit. Well done.