Feb 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings February Challenge!

Here it is, at the last minute (so to speak)!

The Dueling Darlings are at it again, and since it's the 15th of the month, it's time to post our creations from Debbie, our lovely hostess this round.

And what a great kit she sent us, the cutest little Valentine's images, a sweet sentiment for the inside, pretty DP, ribbons, flowers, brads, all kinds of goodies to work with.  One fun element was a wonderful doily die cut.  This is my first to use a doily die cut and I was so happy to get to play with it.


I decided to use the red & white polka dot DP that was in the kit as a backdrop for the doily. Each layer is popped up so it has considerable depth but I wasn't successful in capturing it in my photos.  The card base is die cut with my Big Shot, then stamped and clear embossed with a fun stamp of candy hearts. I just love that stamp!

Debbie included the sweet "love" charm that I hung off of the doily on the bottom right side. The adorable mouse & heart is colored with SU markers and I replaced the flower on the image with a bright green bling-flower!  Used Nesties scallops to cut out the image and the green layer behind it, dragging the edges over the stamp pad to give them some color.  The ribbon is something from my stash, it has tiny pink polka dots on it (I know, can you believe that I used so much PINK??)  Ha ha!

Here's a peek at the inside.  I oval punched the sentiment, dividing it up into two segments, accented again by a bit of green bling.  Since I was gone over 14 hours yesterday between work and church, Hubby & I are celebrating Valentine's Day tonight (although we don't actually do much to celebrate it) and is his card.  Debbie: hubby said he likes the mouse!  And he likes pink more than I do LOL!!!

Actually, I had a lot of fun with this kit.  We were challenged to post who we thought the saying related to in our life.  Well, so very many people flooded my mind.  Family (here and in heaven), of course my hubby (even when he's difficult ha ha!) and so very many dear friends.  I can't even count how many times my friends have helped me through tough times when I didn't think that I could cope!  And my friends in the Dueling Darlings are counted amongst those friends that I rely on for cheer, support and fun!  Love you all!

15 comments:

Jamie Sanchez said...

Very Very cute Darlene!!! Love the polka dot paper!!! Fantastic card!

Judy McMullen said...

Terrific card, Darlene! Love how you created the scalloped base and stamped with "candy hearts"...very cute. Great layering with the image, die cuts and doily! Clever postitioning of the love charm! Great job!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Adorable, Darlene! You used so many fun elements. I love the embossed candy hearts. The shape of the card is great as well. You did agreat job this round.

jimlynn said...

Great card! Love that cute little mouse image and your sentiment is so cute.
Lynn

April said...

Darlene,
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this! And, I am glad that your DH loved it to!
It was a beautiful kit and you sure rocked it! As did the rest of the Duelers!

Carol W said...

Woohoo Darlene...you rocked this card (even in pink...lol).What a darling card. I love how you used the red polka dot base behind the doily and your coloring of your image is awesome...The inside is wonderful too...who woulda thunk...(you of course), to split the saying into two ovals...very clever my sweet friend..I am grateful to have found such a good friend...make sure you take some Darlene time...(14 hours yesterday?? yikes)...Great job on your card!!!!♥

Michelle said...

Cute card Darlene! Love all the layers,ovals and scallops. Very fun. So glad your DH loved your card. Super job!

Melina said...

How sweet! I love the shape of your card base and how you backed the image with the doily cut out! Great card :)

paige said...

I so enjoy reading about your kit challenges! cute card, the image is one of my favorites.

Janet said...

Very cute card Darlene!! Love the card layout, and all that PINK! And the way you did the inside - SO neat!!

Barb said...

Darlene--outstanding card!

I love the layout and your color PINK is just perfect. I think that image is so darn cute and you sure made a cutie!

Thanks so much for being a part of this awesome group of friends!

MiamiKel said...

Look at you!! What a fantastic shaped card! As I always say - BIJOU-tiful!! This is just so creative and fun - love the stamped conversation hearts on the cardstock - toooo delish! And love the inside muchly, too- great use of sentiments! Big hugs!

Blessings!

Terry Ladwig said...

I love the shape of your card Darlene! Great job...love the scallops, doily and all the wonderful layers!!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

dweatter said...

It' so cute!! Glad DH like the mouse. Love the DP behind the doily and all the hearts background!

~Paola~ said...

holeee momma....looking at a beeeeUtiful scallopedcard here...love how U embossed all the wee heart too and how U layered the centre of the card w/multi shaped dies...
Sooooo cuteee Darlene...no wonder your DH loves it too...plus the fact that hubby loves pink makes him even more special!♥