Mar 14, 2024

The Creative Crew Tackles National Poultry Day!

 Carol is our host for the March Creative Crew Challenge. She informed us that March has a National Poultry Day on the 19th.  Who knew? Not me!

She gave us the "Rustic Rooster" image by Stampin' Up and designer papers from The Paper Studio's "Country Road" pack.



I really like the papers from Carol's kit.  The brick paper was especially realistic.



The papers are mounted on Close To Cocoa card stock by Stampin' Up.  Probably my all time favorite color!  


I embellished with some brown gems and blue ribbon from my stash.




The image is colored with Castle Premium Soft Touch pencils and leftover inks on yellow and green blending brushes were used for the background.  The edge of the die cut has a bit of brown applied with a blender brush.


Here's a closer look at the brick paper and the rooster.


Carol, thanks so much for a great kit this month! The card really seemed to come together easily (once I looked up how to color the rooster, hahaha)


Please drop by the blogs and galleries of the whole Creative Crew gang. Here are their links:

Barb - Barb's Inkin' In Retirement

Carol - Lost in My Craft Room

Jeanette - Cre8tive Play

Lorraine - SCS Gallery

Terry - It's Totally Terry

Tracie - Crafty Creations by Tracie

6 comments:

Barb said...

WOWZA--that is an awesome card! I love the colors of the rooster and the background is perfect! Sweet card this month!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your rooster looks fabulous. Love the coloring! Your choice of embellishments to go with Carol's papers are perfect, too. Gorgeous card!

Carol W said...

Darlene you really nailed this card.I love how you used the dsp and the coloring of the rooster is spot on. Great card. Love it.WOW

Tracie said...

Fun card Darlene with a great layout.

Margaret said...

What a fabulous card. You did a fantastic job in the coloring of the rooster and putting it all together. For me, most every day is poultry day since I eat chicken just about every day.

kiwimeskreations said...

this is a stunning card Darlene - love it!
Blessings
Maxine