May 12, 2023

Hot Mess=Success for May

Time for another Hot Mess = Success card!  Requirements:  Get messy and make a card!


This month I tried my hand at using the Lunar Paste with Embossing Folders.  

This was made with the 3D Embossing Folder "Wildflower Spray" by Lisa Horton Crafts. White stock was embossed and then die cut with the coordinating die.  An extra blossom was embossed and fussy cut by hand.



The Lunar Paste was applied with a light touch using a sponge blender. The large piece was sponged with "Later Gator" and the extra flower was lightly tinted with "Prom Queen".

Then the pink blossom was fussy cut and the large image was die cut.  The die cutting process flattened the image so I ran it through with the embossing folder a second time and the image popped back to life!





The next step was to fine tune the coloring. I sponged on hints of "Slippery When Wet" (gold). This broke up all the green and toned down the pink a bit. 

I used a small, stiff paint brush to apply some pink to the flower buds, then also tinted with the gold paste.



A white panel was die cut using "Blanket Stitch Layers" die by Waffle Flower.  I masked off the center and sponged "Slippery When Wet" Lunar Paste along the edge to create a frame.  




Now it was assembly time. The large floral is popped up with foam tape and the pink blossom is also popped up.  

I didn't care for any sentiment on the front, so the inside has a hand written note specifically for the person who received this card.

This was a fun creation process!  I really like the versatility of the Lunar Paste and using them with embossing folders is great.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Be sure to stop by the Hot Mess Team and admire their creations!  Here are their links:

Jeanette

Barb

Terry

Carol

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! I am speechless. This is absolutely - ABSOLUTELY - Gorgeous!

Barb said...

WOWZA--what a fun card! I love the texture and the colors. Great Job this month!

Carol W said...

Boy oh boy you really did an AMAZING job on this card. You really had slot of steps and it shows how well you executed them. Awesome card my friend.

Margaret said...

wow! This is so pretty. You really did a fabulous job with your creation.