Nov 30, 2022

The Catch Up Day!

Some good friends of mine, who also love paper & ink, were chatting about how behind we all are on our card making commitments and classes.  Long story short, we decided that the last day of each month would be our Catch Up Day.  Whether from a kit, a challenge, or a class, we would post a card that gets us one step closer to being up to date!

This is a card from Crop & Create Delivered held from September 29-October 1, 2022.  The course was taught by Kelly Kohout for Honey Bee Stamps. 

The stamp and matching layering stencils are called "Always on my Mind" by Honey Bee Stamps.

The image is stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  Then the layering stencils are used to apply colors.

I varied the class sample just a bit and used Old Olive by Stampin' Up to layer the panel. The panel is Spectrum Noir's Ultra Smooth Premium White card stock. This paper blends so nicely. It's almost like blending on the glass mat!

This last weekend I called a dear friend back in New Hampshire and we caught up with everything. It was so great to hear her voice! I'm sending this to her, because we all have too few dear friends and I want her to know how special she is!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and if you want to see some great catch up cards, drop by my friends and see their creations:

Barb's Inkin' to Retirement

It's Totally Terry

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy

Wishing all of you  a wonderful week!


5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is so pretty - I love the gold embossing! Well done on the debut post of the Catch Up Club!

Your friend is going to love receiving your card!

Terry Ladwig said...

Darlene...this card is so pretty! I love the gold embossing! Thank you for being part of this little club! I look forward to seeing every card we create!

Barb said...

This card is absolutely stunning!!! The gold embossing is great with the colors you picked! I am so excited about our new challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an elegant card Darlene - this is exquisite, and I am sure your friend will love it
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Darlene this card is fantastic. Just beautiful.