Feb 13, 2022

February Hot Mess = Success!

One day late to post this, lots going on last week.

Our group of friends have a challenge. Make a card that involves a mess. I don't think that anyone in the group likes our stamping area to be too messy, so this is a stretch for all of us.  

Here's my Hot Mess = Success! card for February:

I was back to playing with Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polishes by Creative Expressions. I think I'm in love with these.

The stencil is one of a 3-part layering stencil called Balloon Party by Taylored Expressions.  The matching stamp set provided the black balloon ribbons.

This is white, 110# card stock with the Mediterranean Blue and Lush Pink sponged on. 

Then the stencil was used to heavily sponge on Tangy Tangerine, Gold Treasure, Red Bronze and Enchanted Gold polishes for the balloons. It all needed some drying time.






















Stamping the black ribbons on top of the gilded background was a little tricky. I used Gina K Designs' Black Amalgam ink.  It did pretty well, but it is different to stamp onto the gilded surface. I masked some of the balloons to get the ribbons behind them.

The Happy Birthday sentiment had the Mediterranean Blue polish applied directly to the stamp and then stamped onto the card stock. Then it was hand trimmed.

Hop on over to these blogs to admire the Hot Mess Successes created by my friends:

Kelly

Jeanette

Barb

Terry

Carol

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Carol W said...

This card is awesome Darlene. I can see why you love the cosmic gilding polishes it is the best of all worlds it seems. You have done a wonderful job with all the cards you have used it on. I'll need to get some after seeing all your wonderful creations. Love this card.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW what a magnificent card Darlene - this is stunning. Love that gilding - I have some of the Cosmic Shimmer pastes and love them.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine