Mar 14, 2020

International Day of Happiness!

Here it is, time for another duel - despite the Corona Virus pandemic.  Tami is the Hostess for the Divas and Terry (L) is the hostess for the Divas.  Since March 20th is the International Day of Happiness...and coffee makes many people VERY happy...They decided to send us coffee themed kits for the duel.

Here is the front of my card, which features some hand-stamped DP that Terry sent.  I just LOVE hand-stamped DP!!!

Terry stamped the Coffee Blend Turnabout Stamp by Concord & 9th using Dark Chocolate, Warm Cocoa, Warm Glow Amalgam, Chocolate Truffle Amalgam, Tomato Soup and Turquoise Sea inks.  Matching papers by Gina K are Tomato Soup and Turquoise Sea.

Here you can see the left panels opened to show off the embossed card stock that Terry included: Close to Cocoa CS embossed with Sizzix Alterations folder.  Cute, right?
The coffee cup die cut is from Concord & 9th, their Coffee Blend dies & stamp.
Here is the card fully extended:
I used a sentiment she sent from Hero Arts Monthly kit, August 2018.  I sponged a little of Stampin Up's Cajun Craze ink onto the punched sentiment.  It's pretty close in color to the Tomato Soup color.
Ribbon from Michael's and Enamel Dots are from the Paper Studio and Eyelet Outlet.

Thank you Terry for a great kit!  Please use the links on the left to visit the Divas and other Dazzlers for their cards.

We were asked to share something that makes us happy - besides coffee.  Since I am self-isolating to keep my parents safe (mild, questionable symptoms so far) I'll have to go with, the internet and all of my streaming options, a couple of novels, a jigsaw puzzle and - of course - all of my card making treasures!!!

Stay healthy and be kind!













14 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweet card. I too love the handmade background and is so pretty, that it is perfect to use it all over!

MiamiKel said...

OH Darlene, this is such a gem! I love your fancy fold and it highlights the adorable papers so well! I LOVE that you are blogging again - what an amazing stop on the hop of happiness! Hugs!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! What a super card, Darlene. I love the hand stamped paper, the embossed yardstick and your great fancy fold!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a fun card and a great sketch! Love the fun fold you created!!! Great and fun Kit to work with!!!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, the fold you used is perfect with the kit items... and your card looks awesome! I wish you well with the self-isolation and can see how the items you mentioned would make you happy!

HeatherB said...

Great fold! I love the colors in your kit.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous use of the elements you were given Darlene - a stunning card!
i have said for years that my computer is my "social life in a can" - firstly when DH was so ill, and now that I am on my own, and even more so now with the pandemic
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very fun fold.

Suzy Sprague said...

Fantastic card! I love the fold you picked to use. It was perfect! Great use of your kit!

terry serman said...

Great use of the kit and the fabulous hand stamped dp!

Terry Ladwig said...

This is a great card Darlene!! LOVE the layout!!! So glad you like the kit!

Carol W said...

What a fun card and great fold for this card. You did an amazing job with your kit. Stay safe and healthy. hugs

:: BlueInks :: said...

Oh, I like how you were able to use so much of the papers from you kit using that great fold! What a masterpiece!