Oct 14, 2018

Kindness Means Hugs!!

Hard to believe that we're at October 15th already!  Even harder to believe that I'm not late with this post, haha!

Jeanette and Kelly are hosting for the October Duel and Kindness is the theme!  (Actually I've been wanting a personal license plate that reads BKIND...but I'll wait until after I move next year.)

Jeanette's kit contained an image by Stampavie called "Teddy & Me".  She's colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  Here's my card:
The striped paper and the pretty wood plank paper are from The Paper Studio.

The 3 ribbons are layered:
Silver Organdy by Amuse Studio on top of Ribbon Boutique Turquoise on top of Crafter's Square Black Glitter.    Topped off with 3 Heart brads by The Paper Studio.

Down the side of the card is some pretty Washi Tape.

A Recollections Flower is on the top corner.  Three heart rhinestones to show how much she loves her little bear!

The fun thing is the "Kind" die cut that Jeanette included!  I just love that script!



Jeanette also included a wonderful sentiment which I sponged and used on the inside.  Here's a look:


The Sentiment is from Picket Fence Studios "Comfort Words" set.

Hugs really can make a difference.  It sure seems like society would be kinder if more people shared a hug every day.

Maybe we all should give out hugs this week!

Thank you Jeanette.  This kit made me smile!

8 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh how I love your card! You have colored this image perfectly- she just exudes kindness and sweetness! Love how you finished off the inside as well! I am so with you on a hug a day- or more!!! Here is a big Cyber hug!

terry serman said...

Very sweet!

Barb said...

Darlene--your card is so cute. I love all of the elements you included and the inside it sweet. Everyone does need a hug!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Darlene. Love that you are back on your blog. We were both on time this month (a biggie for me...lol). I love, love, love your card. The layout is great and you pulled all of the papers and embellishments together so perfectly. Wonderful job my friend......

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Darlene this is so cute! Jeanette picked out a great image. and it's colored so well!

Donna said...

What a great card Darlene. It looks like you used some of everything in the kit. I love all the embellishments you used. Awesome job!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Darlene, your card is precious! Love the fun design, with a wee bit of tilt to it. Cute CUTE card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Darlene - sorry I didn't comment sooner, but life has been busy for me. Yes, 30 second hugs are vitally important, and I agree, we need more!
Blessings
Maxine