Jun 18, 2017

Roses in June!

Back again (don't faint!)  - Yep!  I am getting caught up with my Dueling. Tracie is the hostess for the Dazzler Team of the Dueling Darlings and Roses is the theme she chose.  In particular, she loves pink roses, so mine are colored pink.

The image is from Flourishes, "Calendar Set 2" and it's hard to think of a better rose image.  Her creativity really shone through with her choice of papers, ribbons and other embellishments.  Here's what I came up with:

Above is the front, and to the right is the inside.
Just look at those papers, so fun.

The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol.  

The papers are Neapolitan by American Crafts, "Dear Lizzy" and the doily is by Recollections.  Flowers, ribbon and lace are also Recollections and Tracie punched the leaves using Martha Stewart's leaf punch.  I just love the yellows and pinks against that brown background on the front.  And that gorgeous lace trim just had to be used!!

Thank you for such a great kit Tracie!  It was no problem to color the roses pink.  In fact, we have pink roses in a blue vase now beside a photo of my daughter.  She loved pink.

Peace and hugs to all the Darlings! 

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the stunning way you have not only coloured your roses Darlene, but also mounting them over the black really makes them stand out! Another beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a lovely card, Darlene! So many nice touches!

terry serman said...

The black background really highlights your pretty roses!

Carol W said...

What a beautiful card. I love the fussy cutting and the colors you chose. Great job my friend.♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this card! Your coloring is beautiful!

Margaret said...

Beautiful. I love all the bright colors and your coloring is amazing.

Barb said...

Darlene--your card is stunning! I love all of the embellishments that you picked and the coloring is perfect. I am so glad you made a pink rose for Amanda!

kel Acopan said...

so pretty darlene! love the pink doilie (doily?) you used behind the main image :)

lovies, =o) kel

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like how you colored the image and the color matches the die cut behind. Makes the image pop! Great job this month!